Every company has an embedded culture that they follow in running the business. It builds on your team over time, and it is unique to your organization. Culture is what keeps the company intact in ensuring every decision you make is aligned with your purpose and vision.
Today, we’re chatting with Tristan White of The Physio Co to talk about the importance and the definition of culture in business. He differentiates between a by-default and a by-design culture in a company. He also shares the best approach for small businesses in establishing core values. Tune in to this episode to learn more about how you can develop your own unique culture in your company and how it can serve its purpose.
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Culture is Everything by Tristan White
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Sign up for Tristan’s 19-Week Online Kickstarter Program
What we discussed in this episode:
- Why culture is everything
- What a strong culture is and how you can use it to your advantage
- Biggest pitfalls of by-default business culture
- How to establish the core values that are best suitable for small businesses
- How to build a culture by-design
- The benefits of having a culture by-design
- The best ways to attract talent to your team
About Tristan White
Tristan White is the founder and CEO of The Physio Co. The Physio Co ranked no. 1 on BRW’s list of Australia’s 50 Best Places to Work. They help seniors stay safe, mobile, and happy. Tristan is also the host of the Think Big, Act Small podcast, and he writes a blog, Culture is Everything. His blog is one of SmartCompany’s Australia’s 25 Best Business Blogs. He helps people build a strong culture and a happier work life.
Thank you for listening!